Friday, July 17, 2009

fabric flowers and baby kitties.

It is no secret that I am a huge fan of Martha Stewart.
Since I'm trying to be a DIY bride (for fun and thriftiness) I have been looking at alternatives to fresh flowers.
In the Martha's current issue of Weddings, she highlights Laurie Cinotto of Tacoma, Washington. Laurie creates flowers from cotton, linen and crepe paper.
On lalalaurie.com, she documents the making of her bouquet for the Martha. Love! :)
On her etsy page, she has bouttonieres too...This deer, gingham and button one has me revisiting the idea of the boys wearing them. Perfectly "jessica."...yes, jessica is a verb around here :) Craig knows what I mean.
So, this lovely ladies etsy shop and website were fabulous. I found a link to another blog with a super duper cause.
I'm not sure if she runs the blog, or how she is involved exactly, but makes me want to adopt.
The Itty Bitty Kitty Committee
They foster adorable baby kitties and find them homes in the Tacoma/Seattle area.

{My heart is melting. I think I need to drive to Seattle.}

No comments: