Monday, December 22, 2008

great minds.

Yesterday, as you know...I was able to escape and do some Christmas shopping. I hit Old Navy (got some stuff for me) :), Target, Fred Meyer and Borders.
While at Borders things got a little tricky for me. I was shopping for Craig and who do you know shows up! I was ducking and diving in the aisles trying to steer clear. After all, I had a present for him in my hand. I finally peaked up from behind a display and it looked like the coast was clear. I got the book...shoved it in my purse...whew! (In the meantime I had forgotten to get him a gift card I was going to get...oh well). I went and stood and looked at the magazines and spotted him again, wondering if he was going to see me...nope.
I decided to leave and as I was walking through the parking lot he was backing out...still didn't see me.
Later that night, I decided to give him the book I bought him. It was Rick Warren's The Purpose of Christmas. I thought it would be nice for him to have in the season.
I handed him the package and he looked at me with a bit of a smirk. He weighed it in his hand and then said, "So, what if I got you the same thing?"
He opened the corner of the package and saw the red book peeking through the paper. He got up. Went to the spare bedroom and came out smiling with the same book in his hand.

Turns out, we were at Borders at the same time buying each other the same book.

I think I'll keep him :)

2 comments:

Mrs Anne said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

so cute.

Susanne P. said...

spooky....but adorable.