Thursday, September 11, 2008

flight 93.


I've been thinking a lot of the heroism demonstrated on 09.11.01. The passengers of flight 93, who fought back, bring me a tremendous sense of pride in our country.
I remember the morning of this tragic day. My mom came into my room, woke me up, turned on my tv and I just sat there in horror watching what was happening. It truly felt like a dream, I felt very vunerable, scared and my heart ached for all that were involved. I went to work at the Club (yes, the Albany Club) and spent the day cleaning out the laundry room and prepping the building for the kids, always with the radio on, praying for our nation.
The patriotism of our neighborhoods following this devastating day was inspiring. I had never seen such a dedication to our country. Everywhere we went we were reminded with red, white and blue how wonderful and blessed we are to live in this great nation.

God Bless America!

No comments: